Sunday, October 4, 2009

September - Fabric Yo-Yo's

More than a year ago I saw a flower made out of fabric, and me being me when home and made my own (not knowing how it was originally made). It was easy and while it may not have been done in the same manner it came out looking pretty much the same. I made a bunch of them and latter I made these fabric squares out of them.

Now you may called me old fashioned but I often feel that we get carried away with technology, making/buying things that make our life quicker and some would debate similar. Over the past few months I have noticed a flood in the market of these products called yo-yo makers. Now I’m not referring to the yo-yo’s on the string like many of you may think; these yo-yo’s are really fabric flowers (like the ones I made over a year ago). Now I don’t know how these yo-yo makers work but I do know that they cost about $10 and they say it will help you make yo-yo’s quickly BUT you will only be able to make one size. Honestly the yo-yo’s or fabric flowers that I make are quick and simple and you can make any size you want and I’m sure it doesn’t take much longer than using one of these yo-yo makers. The best thing is that you don’t have to spend lots of money on different plastic things in different sizes. Just find some old paper or card and make some circles in different sizes to make a pattern; priceless LOL. These flowers I made and turned them into magnets, but you can also turn them into really cute brooches. Feel free to contact me for the instructions.

Until next month, happy crafting.

Trina D

No comments:

Post a Comment