Saturday, October 24, 2009

October - Scrappy Christmas Decorations

While our Christmas tree looks great when it’s up, with my colour scheme of aqua/blues and silver there is still quite a bit of green showing though. So I decided that each year I would add at least one Christmas decoration, sometimes homemade and sometimes brought ones or maybe both. So with all the stores starting to display all their Christmas lines I thought it was time to start thinking about Christmas as well.

I would say that I have a bit of fabric at home, with quite a lot of the fabric being scraps left over from work (I work in a fashion house) when we make beautiful garments or from header cards that we acquire from fabric mills displaying their stock fabrics. So with the scraps of fabrics and a couple of other ideas that have been in my head for I don’t know how long, this month I made these scrappy Christmas decorations. Okay one of them doesn’t look very Christmassy but I just love the colours. While the ball is a little time consuming, if you have all your fabric pre-cut and ready to go, it’s defiantly something that can be done in front of the TV. For full instructions shoot me an email.


A number of you wanted to see a photo of my outfit that I was wearing to the hens party that I had to rush off for. Unfortunately in my hast to have lunch and get out the door I forgot, however here’s a photo of me at the hens (sorry not the best). I was very proud to be voted one of the best dressed on the day/night, but still thought the hen looked smashing in her outfit, and the boys agreed.



Happy Crafting
Trina D

No comments:

Post a Comment