Saturday, May 30, 2009

May - Fabric Bowl

We are certainly starting to take over Cino Vino, aren’t we girls.
Other great morning all round with lots of crafting and chatter across up and down the table. There were 4 new comers so a big welcome to you all and hoped you enjoyed our company as much as we enjoyed yours and we look forward to seeing you next month hopefully in the upstairs room all to ourselves.


I know other bowl, trust me I don't have a thing for bowls, I just loved this and couldn't wait to make it and show it off! It's sooooo easy to make and with the right fabric scraps they can look fantastic.



Check out one of my fav web sites Craftstylish for the instructions. http://www.craftstylish.com/item/33825/how-to-sew-a-fabric-bowl


Some specail notes from me to you.
  • In Linda’s instructions she uses a cotton clothesline. I used some cheap rope (the type that Bridget Jones used to make her blue meal for her friends, but mine was green), which worked quite well. So have a look around your home before you go out and buy special rope for this project.

  • Linda uses a binder clip. I’m not sure what this is but a pin works just fine

  • You will use a lot of fabric strips so have plenty ready.
    It’s a lot easier and quicker if your rope is wrapped and ready to go. I have a TV in my sewing room and found it easy to wrap the fabric around the rope while watching my favourite show.

  • These bowls are perfect to use selvages from your favourite patch working fabrics. They are also prefect to use leftover fabric from your other craft projects, cut the strips as you go or store the scraps for latter.

  • Once finished if the bowl has too many frayed threads for your liking give it a little hair cut.

Okay Okay, I hear you asking about the cake, hehehe
Orange and Poppy Seed Cake this month, and before I even say it, you know it was wonderful :)


Until next time, happy crafting
Trina D

No comments:

Post a Comment